Friday, February 25, 2011

The results are in....

Doc appointment yesterday with Junebug's pyschologist.  He is ADD with H.  (formerly ADHD)  We started meds today much to his father's disappointment.  His father is very against the meds, which I can understand as I was too, at first.  Now I realise that my child needs this medication to be able to function 'normally' in school. 

Apparently now I am the cause of Junebug not doing well in school.  Somehow everything always ends up being my fault but this one I didn't see coming.  How in the world is this my fault?  I am the one that sits down with him everyday to do homework. I am the one that takes him to school and picks him up everyday.  I am the one that takes him to the doc, or museums, or sports, or the park, etc.  I am the one that takes him everywhere except to get his haircut.  That must be it!  I didn't take him to get his haircut I let his father take him.  argh!!!!! 

It is not enough that I am frustrated with the fact that Junebug has this....his father has to be a total ass.  Instead of helping me and trying to figure out how to coach Junebug when he is home, he yells and hits.  But everything is my fault. 

Junebug took a half a pill this morning. (5 mg) The doc said half a pill mornings and lunch time for three days and then a whole pill.  Junebug said himself he was able to better concentrate and math was actually fun today.  I asked him if he had a headache or felt wierd after he took the pill and he said no.  That made me happy.  I do worry about the fact that most children lose their appetites on this med but I am hoping that it will pass quickly. 

Will keep posting on how it is going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment